Michelangelo Merisi from Caravaggio, considered as one of the best artists ever, had been living in Rome for 12 years. Despite his bad reputation, he was able to get commissions from the most important families and rich Romans men: his friendship with the cardinal Francesco Maria del Monte worked as a passpartout for his glorious Roman career before being forced to leaving Rome after having killed a man. This tour in an immersive experience to his luminous, real and suggestive painting: we’ll start from Santa Maria del Popolo church where we’ll admire the famous Crucifixion of Saint Peter and the Saint Paul’s conversion. Then we’ll visit the amazing church of San Luigi dei francesi which keeps three Caravaggio’s gems into the Contarelli chapel. Just by this church, we’ll enter into Sant’Agostino where the unique Madonna dei Pellegrini is kept.
- Santa Maria del Popolo: in the majestic omonymous square, it preserves two works by Caravaggio - on both sides of Cerasi Chapel
- San Luigi dei Francesi: this baroque jewel, still belonging to France, houses three canvas works that confirmed the greatness of Caravaggio and his dedincation among the artists of Rome
- Sant'Agostino in Campo Marzio: not so far from Caravaggio roman house, here we'll find the amazing Madonna of Pilgrims, the most discussed but the most admired too!
- Design and creation of the tour
- Authorized Guide service
- Archaeologist/Art Historian
- Admission tickets
- Personal expenses