Despite the visible and irreversible effects of the eruption of 79 AD, the city still appears extraordinarily alive and understandable, in all its sides: from the economic and commercial, to the political and religious, to conclude with the domestic and Private.
That's why spending a whole day discovering ancient Pompeii is the only way to understand its actual and exceptional dynamics, walking through history with the guide of your local archaeologist.
Starting with the access by Porta Marina Superiore, with priority access guaranteed by your licensed guide, you’ll observe Vesuvius in the background, first accessing the Antiquarium, where the most important objects found from the last excavations are stored, like the gold coin that changed the date of the eruption forever.
Passing through the Basilica, you will continue your visit along the most beautiful and important domus (houses), found by the excavations of the past and from the most recent ones. After the Macellum, the food market, we will cross the wonderful Baths of the Forum.
Several other domus will guide us to one of Pompeii's most magical places, the great Villa dei Misteri, which still remains a jewel, almost as intact as it was.
The story of the discoveries and life in the city will be accompanied again by the most important and fascinating buildings, such as the Casa del Fauno, the amazing house of the Golden Cupids and the Frutteto – the most recent discoveries, the Great Gym – which still it even preserves charred bread, the Garden of the fugitives – where many Pompeians tried to take refuge by meeting death instead, to end with the great Amphitheatre, the last stop of your journey.
- Guided tour by a professional Archaeologist and licensed tour guide
- Porta Marina Superiore: one of the main entrances to Pompeii Archaeological Park
- The view on Mt. Vesuvius: the storytelling the the huge tragedy starts from here
- The Basilica: the main political building of the ancient city
- The Forum: the main square of the ancient city
- Iside Temple: dedicated to an ancient Goddess
- The House of Fauno: gives its name to the little bronze statue that you still can see
- The House of Golden Cupids: one of the most recent discoveries
- The Baths: the most common places to meet each other in ancient roman times
- The Lupanar: the ancient brothel
- The plaster casts: the archaeological method to find the ancient bodies as they were at the moment of the eruption
- Villa dei Misteri: the triumph of the decorative wall painting, in the most magic place of the whole park
- The garden of fugitives: where many inhabitans of Pompeii tried to save during the eruption
- The Great Amphitheatre: the spectacular Amphitheatre
- Skip the Line Service
- Design and creation of the tour
- Authorized Guide service
- Archaeologist/Art Historian