Most of the murals have been committed to international writers, also quite famous, transforming entire facades of buildings into real masterpieces to be admired ... and photographed.
The most famous mural of the city, the one with the face of San Gennaro in Via Duomo in the Forcella district of Naples, designed by Jorit Agoch, a Neapolitan street artist, of Dutch mother, famous for his urban portraits
After seeing and photographing this mural, you’ll walk in the part of Via Tribunali, exactly at Piazzetta Riario Sforza. Along the way you will find other very interesting murals including the mural depicting San Gennaro and Caravaggio of the Neapolitan street artist known as Roxy in the Box, entitled Mission Possible. San Gennaro has a newspaper in his hands, Il Sole 24 Ore, while Caravaggio reads the New York Times with a Supersantos under his right foot to symbolize the strong reference to the streets of Naples, where children who play football are often found.
In Piazza dei Gerolomini 106 you will find the murals of one of the greatest living street artists in the world, Bansky, as well as the only Banksy mural in Italy! It is one of the most significant graffiti by the English artist in which the Madonna is painted with a gun instead of the halo.
Many other street artists we will meet along our tour: get ready to discover and photograph them!
- Gennaro by Jorit Agoch: our Patron Saint on a blind side of a popular building
- The Virgin with the Gun by Banksy: it’s the survived artwork by Banksy, preserved thanks to the people of the district
- SanGennaro & Caravaggio: the Neapolitan Roxy in the Box made this two myths… people like us!
- Guided tour by a professional Art Historian and licensed tour guide
- Design and creation of the tour
- Authorized Guide service
- Archaeologist/Art Historian