A must is the visit of the Underground City "Neapolis Sotterrata" where through the entrance of a Medieval Cloister we will reach the Greek and the roman life of Neapolis. . . all of this at 12 mt underneath the chaos of the city!
Once upstairs again, after a cool neapolitan coffe or a sfogliatella (typical dessert!), you’ll be ready to visit and to understand the cult of the Deads in the underground church of Santa Maria delle Anime del Purgatorio ad Arco in the heart of Napoli, in via dei Tribunali.
The tour will end with a visit to the underground of the Duomo of Napoli: its deep roots are the main aspect of the Neapolitan devotion.
Are you ready?
- Neapolis Sotterrata: under the Basilica of San Lorenzo Maggiore, you can see a real portion of the Roman Neapolis
- Purgatorio ad Arco Complex: the huge baroque chuch hides a mysterious hypogeum…
- Caffè or sfogliatella: the original Neapolitan tastes in the middle of the old town
- Duomo: the Cathedral has very deep roots, who hide even undegroun layers
- Design and creation of the tour
- Authorized Guide service
- Archaeologist/Art Historian