Your private driver will meet you at the door of your hotel or apartment in Florence in the morning and whisk you away through the rolling hills of Chianti to your first winery stop, a castle where you’ll experience a guided tour of the gardens and cellars before tasting three of their wines alongside olive oil balsamic vinegar and pecorino cheese.
From here you’ll head to Panzano for lunch at the restaurant of the famous Italian butcher Dario Cecchini. He may have grown in fame for his tendency to play rock and roll in his butcher shop while throwing salamis at the locals, but it’s his dedication to raising his animals in a humane and tender way that makes him the embodiment of the slow food movement. Seeing Cecchini in action is an experience not to be missed on a visit to Tuscany and there are vegetarian options on the menu but let us know if you want a less meat-focused environment and we can make alternative arrangements.
Lastly, you’ll head to a winery that can boast being one of the oldest wine-producing families in Italy (they trace their vineyards back to the Middle Ages!) in one of the most modern and innovative architectural settings designed to have a low environmental impact and maximum energy savings. You’ll see how the wine is produced, learn more about the family behind the label and taste three red wines before heading back into Florence.
- Private English-speaking driver
- Guided tour at two wineries
- Winery one: Traditional Castle winery with tour of the gardens and cellars plus a tasting of three red wines olive oil and pecorino cheese (lasts 1.5 hours)
- Winery Two: Modern architecture meets centuries of Italian wine making excellence in this second winery where you will tour the grounds and taste three red wines (lasts 1.5 hours)
- Lunch in Panzano at the more casual restaurant of Dario Cecchini, the rock and roll king of the Tuscan Grill
- Minivan fits up to 8 people
- Available every day excluding Sunday
- While there is a vegetarian menu available at the Cecchini restaurant, let us know if you’d prefer a less meat focused place for lunch and we can make alternative arrangements.
- Design and creation of the tour
- Authorized Guide service
- Archaeologist/Art Historian
- Private english speaking driver
- Visit to Wineries
- Personal expenses
- This tour includes an English speaking driver but no guide. The tours at the wineries will be booked in English.