Your guide will meet you directly at the Firenze Santa Maria Novella train station for a tour that will show you a bit of everything that makes Florence unique.
Skip the line at the Accademia to see one of the most famous statues in the world: Michelangelo’s David. This exquisite piece has embodied the soul of the city for over 500 years. From here we’ll make our way to the Piazza del Duomo where the enormous Santa Maria del Fiore Cathedral dazzles with its sheer size and shining marbles. View Ghiberti’s golden “Gates of Paradise” on the Baptistry and learn about his rivalry with Brunelleschi, architect of the gravity-defying dome on the Florence Cathedral.
We suggest a few tasting stops for lunch to make the most of your day in Florence. Refreshed with an espresso or a gelato we’ll visit the medieval district of Dante and the Signoria Square, considered Florence’s open air sculpture garden and the Ponte Vecchio Bridge.
Lastly, skip the line at Florence’s Uffizi Gallery and discover the largest collection of Renaissance paintings in the world. With a private guide enlivening the gallery highlights with anecdotes and historical context, you’ll gain a more thorough and textured experience of key pieces by Botticelli, Michelangelo, Leonardo, and Raphael.
The tour will end mid afternoon around 4pm and your guide can point you in the direction of the best shopping, caffes, and restaurants depending on how much time you have left to enjoy Florence.
- 6 hour private tour of Florence with a professional, licensed guide
- skip the line at the Accademia to see the original Renaissance statue of David by Michelangelo
- Skip the line at the Uffizi Gallery to see Botticelli’s Birth of Venus, Michelangelo’s Holy Family and works by Leonardo da Vinci and Raphael
- Cathedral of Florence Santa Maria del Fiore (outside)
- View of Brunelleschi’s Dome (outside)
- Ghiberti’s Gates of Paradise
- Medieval District (Dante’s Florence)
- Piazza della Signoria & statues
- Ponte Vecchio Bridge
- Available every day except Monday
- Suggested meeting point: Your guide will meet you inside the Santa Maria Novella train station in Florence. Once you exit the barriers in front of the train platforms (but are still inside the station) make your way to the flashing green sign of a cross that indicates the pharmacy. This is across from platform 16. Your guide will be waiting for you here, holding a sign with your name on it.
- Your guide will reserve skip the line access into the Accademia and the Uffizi Gallery but the price of the tickets are NOT included in the tour price.
- You can pay for your Accademia and Uffizi tickets on location at the museum with cash or credit card (Visa, Mastercard).
- Be prepared to go through security at the Accademia and Uffizi Galleries. No large backpacking backpacks, pocketknives, etc. Small backpacks and bags are acceptable.
- Design and creation of the tour
- Authorized Guide service
- Archaeologist/Art Historian
- Train tickets
- Admission tickets
- Personal expenses
- Private transportation