The first stop on this wine tasting experience will compare two types of Italy’s sparkling wine – the famous prosecco and a classical method “champagne style” sparkling wine from the north of Italy, sipped while overlooking the best hidden rooftop view of the Cathedral of Florence. Stroll through the city center with your guide pointing out a few curiosities and anecdotes that color Florentine history as you make your way to the second stop in the Oltrarno district.
Tucked into a cozy wine shop decorated with floor to ceiling bottles, you’ll compare two white wines, a fresher light bodied white and a more full bodied varietal, paired with cheeses as you discuss food and wine pairing tips and tricks. After a stroll through the Oltrarno district with a view of the imposing Palazzo Pitti, we’ll end the tour with a comparison of some classic Tuscan reds while enjoying a spectacular view over the Arno river of the Ponte Vecchio.
By the end of this tour you’ll have tried six different Italian wines for a total of 3-4 glasses of wine per person paired at each location with bites to eat, making this a kind of deluxe Italian aperitivo, the traditional drink and snack before dinner.
- 3-4 glasses of Italian wine with snacks
- Comparison of two Italian sparkling wines
- Comparison of two Italian white wines
- Comparison of two Italian red wines
- Rooftop view of the Duomo with tasting
- Stroll through Florence City Center
- Cozy Enoteca Wine Bar
- Stroll through the Oltrarno District
- View of the Arno and Ponte Vecchio Bridge with tasting
Available everyday, not including Sundays.
- Design and creation of the tour
- Authorized Guide service
- Archaeologist/Art Historian
- Wine tastings
- Personal expenses