This was the fate Pompeii and Herculaneum had to go through. Thanks to its natural preservation under the ashes, these two towns let its visitors know how life was before and after the tragic event. Explore the beautiful ruins of Pompeii and Herculaneum on a private day trip with a licensed guide.
This experience will take you on a trip back in time where you’ll see how these two towns were affected by the Vesuvius eruption in a different way. And thanks to the historical and archeological background of your licensed guide, the stories and facts will bring the cities back to life.
Your historical journey starts at the Pompeii’s train station where your licensed guide awaits. As soon as you set foot in the remains of this city, you’ll be transported to another era. Feel the history as you visit the theatre, the sacred area, and a brothel with signs and symbols all around.
See the preservation techniques in all its splendor with the plastered casts of some of the victims. Herculaneum offers a different sight to its visitors. Here, you have a panoramic view of the city and its ruins and remains due to how different the eruption and ashes reached the town. See the contrasts between these two cursed cities and how different they were affected by the eruption.
While in Pompeii you see more of the public areas, in Herculaneum you have an intimate look into the lives of the people that used to live here. Check out an ancient shore, a private house, a bakery and more. The licensed guides on this tour are natural storytellers who can’t wait to share some of the most unique stories and personal anecdotes with you!
Feel like changing the route a bit? No problem, everything can be customized just for you, to make your wishes come true!
- Guided tour by a professional Archaeologist and licensed tour guide
- Porta Marina Superiore: one of the main entrances to Pompeii Archaeological Park
- The view on Mt. Vesuvius: the storytelling the the huge tragedy starts from here
- The Basilica: the main political building of the ancient city
- The Forum: the main square of the ancient city
- Iside Temple: dedicated to an ancient Goddess
- The House of Fauno: gives its name to the little bronze statue that you still can see
- The House of Golden Cupids: one of the most recent discoveries
- The Baths: the most common places to meet each other in ancient roman times
- The Lupanar: the ancient brothel
- The plaster casts: the archaeological method to find the ancient bodies as they were at the moment of the eruption
- Lunch or coffee stop, before moving to Herculaneum
- View of the city of Herculaneum from above: getting inside the Archaeological Park, you’ll immediately notice the skyline with the modern city above the ancient one
- The Boat Hall: an ancient roman boat, found near the beach, shows itself carbonized but absolutely well preserved
- Never forget that Herculaneum was an holiday place: the beach still exists! From there, you’ll get inside the center of the ancient city
- The gym, the thermal baths, the shops: you’ll feel like strolling in the past!
- The “miracle” of Herculaneum: you’ll see even the upper floors of the houses and their incredible frescoes. It seems that time never passed away!
- Skip the Line Service
- Design and creation of the tour
- Authorized Guide service
- Archaeologist/Art Historian
- Admission tickets